Observation TowerStanding in the open mountain pass of Dukla on the Slovak-Polish borders you can see an observatory tower offering a spectacular view of the Slovak and Polish land – the background scenery of the fights during the Karpathian-Dukla operation. The Tower was opened up for public in 1974 on the 30th anniversary of the Battle of Dukla pass. It is 49 m high and was built on the site of an original wooden observatory tower from 1959 nearby a temporary observatory site of the commander of the 1.Czechoslovakian army corps. The tower interior is well-decorated with some art pieces of the sculptor A. Raček: “Vítanie osloboditeľov – Welcome of the liberators “, a figure composition “Spoločný boj – Common fight” of the academic sculpture J. Koreň. The tower exterior is decorated with “ Lime tree branch” being a symbol of a Slavonian solidarity created by an academic sculptor F. Patočka. Inside the observatory tower we can find: "A plan of an attack of the Red Army through Karpathy mountains to help directly SNU” and "An actual map in the space of the Dukla pass from September 30 up to November 5th 1944".