There is the Monument of the Soviet Army close to the museum area. It was built in 1954 based on the project of Ing. arch. K. Lodr, V. Šedivý and J. Krumprecht. The authors of the sculpture works are academic sculptor: O. Kozák, J. Hana, F. Gibala. The monument pylon is 37 meters high. There is a bronze sculpture of Soviet soldiers, by J. Bartoš and J. Hana, placed in front of the monument. We can find a military graveyard in the area of the monument formed by 4 mass graves holding more than 9 000 buried Soviet soldiers killed in east Slovakia in 1944 – 1945. The monument was declared a national cultural landmark in 1961.